Dr. Ronan Arraes Jardim Chagas, 33 years
- Space System Engineer and Researcher with the Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais (INPE) (July, 2013 – present)
Responsibilities include: space mission analysis; specification of attitude and orbit control subsystem (AOCS); design of strategies and procedures for satellite attitude and orbit control; mathematical modeling of AOCS sensors and actuators; dynamic modeling of satellite attitude and orbit; development of analysis and simulation software for satellite trajectory and attitude; perform functional and performance testing of AOCS sensors and actuators; pointing, power, and fuel balancing; and estimation of satellite lifetime.
- Application Engineer at Johnson Controls’ Building Efficiency division (July, 2008 – January, 2009).
Biggest achievement: I actively participated in the drafting of the winning technical proposal for the Local Area Network of New Quito’s International Airport.
- Intern at Johnson Controls’ Building Efficiency division (July, 2007 – July, 2008).
- Operational systems: openSUSE Linux, macOS.
- Programming languages: C/C++, Matlab, bash, Julia.
Space System Engineer and Researcher